Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kitchen Experiments: Kabocha Squash & Goji Berry Brownies

Last night while trying to figure out something to bake, I figured I’d give brownies a try. Of course, I decided to be a bit more adventurous by creating something without a recipe, something I like to refer to as my kitchen experiments. Sometimes it works out brilliantly, but other times it’s a big fat fail. Since baking is science, and I’m certainly no chemist, I had no idea how this would work out. Lucky for me - success!

Kobocha Squash and Goji Berry Brownies














Ingredients:

  • 3/4c oat flour (blended rolled oats)
  • 1/4 cup oat bran
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • 1/2tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup carob powder
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1/4 cup walnuts
  • 2T goji berries
  • 1/2tsp liquid vanilla stevia
  • 1tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup kobocha puree (cooked)
  • 1T agave
  • 1T coconut oil
Procedures:
  1. Preheat oven to 200C / 350F
  2. Combine dry ingredients (except goji berries and walnuts) in a bowl and mix.
  3. Combine wet ingredients in another bowl and mix.
  4. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredient bowl and stir until mixed well.
  5. Add goji berries and walnuts to mixture and combine.
  6. Pour into greased 8x8 baking pan.
  7. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
  8. Enjoy!
They’re so healthy you could even eat them for breakfast:














Oat bran with peanut butter, goji berries, kobocha butter and bits of brownie.









No comments:

Post a Comment